Sunday, October 6, 2013

Project 1: Shape Potential

 
The first day I looked at the shape I automatically saw a coffin and why not, its the month of Halloween. I tried to make the coffin look like a wooden coffin as well. I then decided to draw a dark and spooky cemetery in the background.

My husband gave me the idea of a sail boat and of course I instead drew a wind surfer attempting to also draw it in active water. The shape just seemed to be a better fit this way.

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~


I think this was the least thought out drawing in my opinion. I thought that the shape could be an odd shaped race car, I tried drawing it in motion going around the track with another race car in the background. I was thinking of flipping the shape but I think it worked out better this way.

Today was a windy and gorgeous day so I went out and bought some wind pinwheels for my patio and decided why not draw one. My drawing doesn't look exactly like the one I bought but the outside shape of it looked very close to the shape I was given.

                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~

For this drawing I drew a humpback whale. In my first thought process I was going to add two of the shapes one on top of the other but this seemed to look more closer to a humpback whale.

My dog Bella gave me the inspiration for this drawing. Looks nothing like my dog but its still a dog and thought the shape looked like it could be ears. Tried drawing the ears as if it was bent over but then it didn't really turn out to be dog ears. Then I decided to make the eyes look sappy and cute. 

                                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Top drawing is of a mouse going into the whole. I was going to do a computer mouse because of course I'm always on the computer using the mouse but then I thought of doing a real mouse because its just something different.

The bottom drawing is of an old fashion straight razor along with a brush on the side. I was thinking of something sharp, either from a switch blade to either a Swiss army knife. But I thought that with this I could add more character to it.

                                                                          ~~~~~~~~~~


Top drawing of the carrot was pretty simple. I just tried to take two of the same shape and tried to overlap them and I saw a carrot.

And lastly the last drawing is a cluster of crystals. The shape is an odd shape as it is so crystals came to mind because one is not like the other and there are many different shapes in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment