Friday, November 15, 2013

Project 6: Simplification through symbolism

For this project we have to construct a simple vector symbol for a quote, a quote with visual potential. For this quote I put together mind and wonder, attempting for the mind to look as it is wondering.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for this symbol I went back and forth on the quote from this to " Tears of Joy" but I didn't think that was long enough. I didn't really have to much of a back and forth on the sketches, I just wanted to keep this completely simple.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 As for this quote I had a real hard to time construct the symbol. I think my first attempt was too simple and the next was too complex. I tried to put loyal and book together. My second attempt was ok but I don't think it showed what the quote meant.
And all three of these symbols I decided to do in black with white outlining because it looked more whole than the colors the other way around.
 
Here are all the rest of my quotes I gathered:
"I have many problems in my life. But my lips don't know that. They always smile"
- Charlie Chaplin
 
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
 
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."
- Dr. Seuss
 
"Do one thing everyday that scares you."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
 
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
 
“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.”  
                                                                   - Philip K. Dick
 
“Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.”
   - Lemony Snicket
 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Here are my sketches of some of the quotes and
sketches of what I thought might work for my final quotes.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment